Portable baby monitor makes the life of a parent less, how would you call it? – less worrisome. Newly parents can recall every time they heard their newborn sneeze, breathe, snore and that initial feeling of panic – are they OK? And then jumping up and checking on their little treasure, apologies to our second (and every next child) – at getting more parenting experience parents just assumed they were always OK. LOL…
Also I remember those moments when I would put my baby son to day’s sleep and go about other tasks of a freshman year mom. And I would have to go back every now and then to the door of the bedroom and listen to the sounds behind it. I didn’t want to wake the baby up by opening the door as it sometimes makes the situation altogether worse but at the same time I wanted to know if the baby is safely asleep and covered by his blanket. All these daily procedures would be less stressful with portable baby monitor at hand.
Another case would be nights in the nursery, if your baby sleeps in the different room or when you want to teach a child to finally sleep separately. When kids play in the nursery or in the garden and you have some tasks to tend to, let’s say cooking them a snack or cleaning around or pardon my frankness – visiting the bathroom.
So really think that portable baby monitor is useful for:
- 1 So really think that portable baby monitor is useful for:
- 2 What would you be looking for when choosing a portable baby monitor?
- 2.1 Owlet Smart Sock and Camera
- 2.2 Owlet Cam Smart Baby Monitor
- 2.3 Baby Monitor with Remote Pan-Tilt-Zoom Camera|Keep Babies Safe with 3.5” Large Screen, Night Vision, Talk Back, Room Temperature, Lullabies, 960ft Range – Portable Baby Monitor
- 2.4 Peteme 1080P HD Video Baby Monitor, WiFi Baby Camera and 2-Way Audio with Night Vision,Motion Detection,Motion-Tracking,Pan/Tilt Wireless IP Camera Work with Smart Life App
- 2.5 Lollipop Baby Monitor
- 2.6 Best portable baby monitors – complete list.
– Daytime baby naps (my son used to have those until he was 5 years old).
– Night baby’s sleep.
– Outdoor naps (when you have to be inside at that time or attend to something else)
– When you have two level house.
– When you child/children get bigger and play by themselves.
What would you be looking for when choosing a portable baby monitor?
- Safety – encrypted wifi connection or none internet transmission of information.
- Battery life – the more the better.
- Video resolution – the higher the better.
- Long Distance Transmission – important for non wifi baby monitors.
- Additional features – depends on your likes: design, material, color, add-ons.
Based on the above mentioned features I would like to make a review of best options you can choose from when considering buying such a useful piece of baby’s gear as portable baby monitor. All the options are listed below.
At number 1
An innovation in baby monitors niche that can be paired with camera! The owlet smart sock is easy to put on the baby and provides a peace of mind that he is breathing with a restful heart rate. When he wiggles and wakes up, you can see the increased heart rate so you know it’s working as advertised.
– Wireless Charging – Convenient drop-and-go charging on the Base Station
– Fits babies 0 to 18 months -Fabric socks fit 5 lbs. to 30 lbs., for both left and right feet.
View on Amazon
At number 2
The Owlet Cam is the smart Wi-Fi baby monitor that streams secure, HD video of your favorite view of Baby in reliable clarity from anywhere. Can be paired with Owlet sock for monitoring the baby’s heartbeat and oxygen level.
– It has a very clear HD picture
– Nigh vision is amazing
View on Amazon
At number 3
Baby Monitor with Remote Pan-Tilt-Zoom Camera|Keep Babies Safe with 3.5” Large Screen, Night Vision, Talk Back, Room Temperature, Lullabies, 960ft Range – Portable Baby Monitor
Long Distance Transmission & Infrared Night Vision: Long distance max to 960ft in empty area. It enables you to take the screen to upstairs/downstairs, bedroom, kitchen, garden or yard. Whole-Room Coverage &Timing Feed Reminding: Pan the camera 355 Degree to see corner-to corner and tilt 90 Degree to see floor to ceiling.
– You can add up to 4 extra cameras to simultaneously monitor the second child, the aged, the pet or other you care about
– The high capacity battery can last 12 hours in ECO mode
View on Amazon
At number 4
Peteme 1080P HD Video Baby Monitor, WiFi Baby Camera and 2-Way Audio with Night Vision,Motion Detection,Motion-Tracking,Pan/Tilt Wireless IP Camera Work with Smart Life App
1920*1080P FHD resolution, 6G lens,& 9 infrared LED lights, perfect images quality & night vision.
Remotely talk and listen to your family Wherever you are, enjoy those important moments. It can be used as a normal baby monitor to watch your baby’s activity and safety.
– Choose to alert for noise, motion, both or neither as notifications on my phone
– Can connect from multiple phones/ipads
At number 5
This camera blends in really nicely with nursery decor. It comes in blue/pink/yellow colors. With its help you can get notifications when your baby cries, climbs out of the crib or makes loud noises!
– Free cloud storage for short clips, pictures, sound.
– Solid app on Android and iOS devices.
View on Amazon
To sum up portable baby monitor is an absolutely necessary thing for making parenting more relaxed experience for parents. If you are considering buying it, you might also want to check the full list of options available on Amazon.
Here is a complete list: