Your Ultimate Amazon Baby Registry Checklist
This article includes Amazon listing to help you find what you want and enjoy life’s biggest moments. If you follow the links on this page we might get a commission from Amazon.
In this article:
Amazon baby registry checklist is a list of products from Amazon that you’d like to prepare before your baby arrives. You can include anything that’s on your mind, starting from costly items like strollers and cribs to smaller ones like baby socks and pacifiers. Similar to a wedding registry, once you compiled it, you can share it with you baby shower guests, family and friends who would be happy to present you with something that you need and like. You can create the baby registry lists in multiple stores or use Amazon to find all you need.
Preparing a baby registry list may take some time and efforts so it would be advised that you start as soon as you’ve learned that you are expecting. Some moms-to-be start at 12 weeks on the way and indeed it may seem too early but caring about infants can become easier with a baby stuff. But mind that baby sex can be learnt only at about 20 weeks, so you might want to start then because it may affect your choices in color and designs. Don’t wait longer to undertake this important task as it take time to learn about the gear you want to include, select the best variant and share your checklist with your guests, because they will also need some time to look through your list and chose the best present.
When it comes to putting together your baby registry, you’ll have a lot of options: many shops will help you set up a registry. However, some options are better than others based on your style, budget, and the sort of registry items you want. Some of the finest variants to register for a baby are as follows:
The benefit of an Amazon baby registry checklist is that it’s universal, which means you may chose things from any shop, giving you an almost limitless number of alternatives. And, if you have Amazon Prime, you can have it all in two days, with even more discounts.
Other places you may check:
Buy Buy Baby
Pottery Barn Kids
Crate & Kids
What to Register for Baby?
Now comes the somewhat more difficult part: determining which items should be included in the baby registry. There are no right or wrong answers when it comes to establishing a baby registry checklist; what you include on your wish list is entirely up to you. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when caring for a baby. What are those must-haves? Here are some of the things we find quite useful, as well as some of our moms must-have baby registry items:
These are some of the most important baby register items; for a full baby registry checklist, see below.
Additional baby registry items
- Baby carrier
- Crib mattress, mattress cover and crib sheets
- Bottles, a breast pump if breastfeeding, formula
- Bibs and burp cloths
- Cloth diapers and wipes
- Baby bathtub and toiletries
- Baby bouncer
What not to register for
There are lots of must-haves to include on your baby registry list, but what are the baby products that you can truly do without? Here are a few items you may safely discard:
• Bumpers for cribs.
• Wipes heaters. (warm water is best for keeping your baby clean while wipes are good to use on the go)
• Shoes for babies.
We know it doesn’t get much prettier than baby shoes. But the fact is that babies don’t need shoes—after all, they don’t move around much, and your youngsters is likely to kick them off anyhow. For the time being, stick with low-cost booties or socks.
There’s an unending number of baby registry goods that may end up on your shopping list, so how do you know which ones are worth it? Here’s the ultimate baby registry checklist, complete with all of the essentials you’ll need when baby comes. Have fun shopping!
The key secret here is to buy a few pieces (just a few) of each and decide later if you need those and which baby clothes exactly are comfortable for you and your baby to use. For example some mommies like one-piece onesies while others like open legs ones + baby pants. Some like front button shirts while others like those coming with wide head openings:
- 4-6 onesies (long sleeve ones are preferable, wide head openings and loose legs )
- 2-4 one-piece pajamas or 2 sleeping bags
- 2 blanket sleepers for winter baby
- 1-3 sweaters or jackets (front buttoned)
- 1-3 rompers or other dress-up outfits
- 4-7 socks or booties (shoes are unnecessary until baby walks)
- 1-3 hats (broad-brimmed for a summer baby, soft cap that covers ears for a winter baby)
- No-scratch mittens
- Bunting bag or fleece suit for a winter baby
- 2-4 undershirts (optional, you never know if you need them)
- Crib, cradle or bassinet
- Firm, flat mattress that fit snugly in crib (less than two fingers should fit between mattress and crib)
- Rocking or arm chair for nursery
- Baby monitor
- Nightlight (optional)
- A cool mist humidifier (warm mist can breed bacteria in the humidifier)
- Toys (it’s a nice idea to include those on you Amazon baby registry checklist – Best children toys for age 0-24 months)
- Baby books
- Toy basket
- 1-3 washable crib mattress pads (very important item)
- 2-4 fitted crib sheets
- 4-6 soft, light receiving blankets
- 1-2 heavier blankets (for colder climates)
- Changing table or cushioned changing pad for low dresser or bureau, with safety strap or railing
- Diaper pail and liners
- Diaper bag (optional – you can use one of the drawers)
- Diaper cream
- Unscented baby wipes (causes less irritation)
- Soft washcloths
- 6-10 dozen cloth diapers and 6-8 diaper covers, or 2-3 large boxes of disposable newborn-size diapers
- Baby bathtub or bathtub pad
- Baby soap
- Baby shampoo
- 1-2 soft towels or hooded baby towels
- Baby hairbrush (optional)
- Soft washcloths (use a different color or pattern than your diaper washcloths!)
- Gentle laundry detergent
Brest feeding is safe, easy and healthy. So if you embrace this idea you won’t need a lot of things in this list.
- 4-6 bottles and nipples, both 4- and 8- ounce
- Pump (optional)
- Milk storage bags (optional)
- Nursing pads (if you plan to breastfeed)
- Nipple cream (if you plan to breastfeed)
- Nursing pillow (if you plan to breastfeed)
- Bottle brush
- Dishwasher basket for small items
- 4-8 bibs
- Burp cloths
- 2-4 pacifiers
- Formula (if not nursing)
- Baby nail clippers or blunt scissors
- Baby thermometer
- Petroleum jelly and sterile gauze (for circumcision care)
- First aid kit
- Infant or convertible car seat
- Infant carrier
- Baby swing or bouncer
- Baby walker
- Play pan
- High chair
Baby registry checklist tips:
- Ask your friends with children what baby gear they found really helpful.
- Your friends and family can share a lot of things they already have bought so you can save on that too.
- You can include some nice toys for the time when your baby grows a bit, like a Rocking horse or Outdoor play space – check this list of top ten toys of all times
- Include baby clothes for age 24 months and up. Usually, you will get a lot of presents for 0-24 months old baby, even too much, so it would be a good idea to include some for later times. Same case with toys, books, baby gear like tricycles, etc.
Amazon Baby registry checklist bonus:
Download the extension Unicorn Smasher for google chrome or any other browser, it will help you look through Amazon products, grading products by reviews, price, rating, etc. It will help you choose the best goods for your baby registry list.